I'm doing this not only as a journal but also in hopes that this can be a way for our family and friends to keep up with the journey we are going on...

Monday, July 12, 2010

Open the eyes of my heart Lord...

That song has been going over and over in my head. Its an awesome song. Tonight I went to a healing service at Good Shepard. I had a really productive, good day! I was happy all day and really felt like myself. I second guessed going to the service only because I was doing so good. But I knew it was the best thing for me to do. It was so awesome. I got there and found a seat with no one around and started writing out a prayer list. My list kept getting longer and longer and I sat there and realized i had about 15 things written on that list and didnt once think about myself. (there i go again) I sat and wondered how i could get through that list and forget about myself when for the last week ive tried so hard to consider myself and my sanity. So i chose to open my bible and place that list in there until later. I took a deep breath and let go of it. (not as easy as it sounds) The worship leader and another lady got up on stage and asked us to stand and sing with them. They chose perfect songs for the service, songs that allowed us to sing, out loud, exactlly what I was feeling. "I surrender all, all to thee, my blessed savior, I surrender all. All to Jesus i surrender. Lord i give myself to thee, Fill me with thy love and power let thy blessings fall on me" I stood there and opened my heart so that the Lord could come in and help strengthen me again. After singing the preacher came up and explained what the healing service was for and what we were going to do. I noticed there were three stations set up at the front of the church when i got in there. They had two people at each station that were there for you to come up and let them know what is weighing on your heart and then allow them to pray for you (HUGE GULP) So i sat there for a little while and bowed my head and tried to pray. While i was sitting there tears started flowing, I like to tell myself that the girl that brought me tissues was just watching me and not hearing me. lol. after i sat and got ready to go up there i looked around the room at everyone just to kind of get an idea of what i should do...no one was moving. So I went ahead and did the awkward and went up to two ladies that were sitting in the middle station. I sat down and as soon as they said how are you i started crying again. I sat for a minute and then told them why i was there and what i needed them for. (what a relief) I told them that my husband left for boot camp a month and a half ago and over the past week or two i feel like ive lost my strength. I told them that I feel really alone...you'll never believe what they said YANA!! (You Are Never Alone) duh!! i told them about a couple of other things that are going on and asked them to please pray with me. As i sat there holding hands and listening to these two women who i have never met before, or even seen before, pray for me was the best thing ive ever heard (pretty close at least) While i sat there i felt so much more at ease. I loved it. I hope that the people we prayed for felt Gods love as much as i did.

Thats pretty much all I have to write about. except this TOMORROW IS HALF WAY!!! ;)

I hope everyone has a great week!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnqb7Vn4AEE

love always.

3 comments:

  1. YANA? Seriously. I love God. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post! Isn't it amazing how God can speak to you through strangers, and songs, and by just having you competely let go and give it ALL to Him?! I am so glad you went to the service. And so amazed that it is half-way! Awesome!
    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make ME want to be a better person. God is good and He will never let us down, if we just find it in our hearts to ask. Sometimes hard to remember when we feel so alone but He always shows us the way - we just have to allow ourselves to see the signs He sends us.

    Love you more than words.
    Sissa

    ReplyDelete